US GreenBrokers are a level above other licensed real estate agents. We require our GreenBrokers team members to, first of all, be licensed REALTORS® which requires a higher level of accountability and ethics than real estate licensees. In addition we require our team members to hold at least one current third-party green certification, either GREEN® (the National Association of Realtors sustainable designation), EcoBroker® or a US Green Building Council LEED® (Leadership of Environmental Energy Design) designee. These additional certifications/designations ensure the graduate’s higher level of knowledge of sustainable building and best management practices.
It behooves buyers and sellers to work with someone who understands sustainability practices and can market a seller’s energy-efficient home or guide “eco-minded” home buyers in the right direction.
US GreenBrokers can:
* identify features resulting in better indoor air quality
* provide resources for eco-friendly remodeling
* recognize property features that will offer energy-efficiency
* introduce you to sustainable builders in the area who specialize in building energy-efficient home
* provide names of reputable inspectors who can perform a HERS energy rating or an energy audit
* help you sort out the differences in green home certifications
* set up meetings with Lenders knowledgable in EEMs (Energy Efficient Mortgages) and loans specifically designed to incorporate energy-efficient upgrades into your mortgage, i.e. the FHA 203K
* discuss any local, state or federal tax incentives or rebates which may offset the cost of installation for a specific energy-efficient system
Working with a US GreenBroker when you buy or sell your next home is one of the most prudent steps you can take in your next real estate transaction.